Heriot-Watt University - Scotland’s most international university
Heriot-Watt is a truly global university, with its heart right here in Edinburgh. The uni’s main campus is in the city, with another in Orkney, a third in the Scottish Borders and two more in Putrajaya, Malaysia and one in Dubai. Heriot-Watt University has a proud history of world-class teaching and practical, leading-edge research dating back to 1821. The uni has a strong reputation as one of the UK’s top universities for business and industry, so it’s worth looking into if you are interested in these areas.
Heriot-Watt has a strong track record for developing industry-fit graduates thanks to its distinctive range of degree programmes in specialist areas of science, engineering, design, business, and languages taught with the needs of the broader industry in mind.
The Guardian University Guide 2017 ranked Heriot-Watt 4th in Scotland.
* Ranked 1st in Scotland for graduate salaries, six months after graduation;
* Heriot-Watt’s Go Global programme offers students the opportunity to become a global student by taking part in an Inter-Campus Transfer (to Malaysia or Dubai), Erasmus+ or Exchange.
* Oriam, Scotland's Sports Performance Centre is based at Heriot-Watt's Edinburgh Campus. This £33 million purpose-built sports facility will see Heriot-Watt become the training hub for, among others, Scotland’s national football and rugby squads.
* The Times Higher Education World University 2021 places Heriot-Watt in the top 25 UK universities for engineering and technology.
* The QS World's Top Universities 2019 placed Heriot-Watt in the top 4% of universities globally.
Some famous alumni
Among Heriot-Watt's alumni are authors Irvine Welsh and Dame Muriel Spark, Shirley Robertson OBE, politicians Fiona Hyslop MSP and Sarah Boyack MSP, Royal Mail CEO Adam Crozier and Richard Tait, inventor of the board game Cranium.
Applying to Heriot-Watt University
Heriot-Watt University offers 320 courses at undergraduate, postgraduate and research levels, with enrollment between April and September. All information to apply to Heriot-Watt University is available here>