A high-tech village
This excellent university focuses on delivering person-centred professional learning and focused research on specialisms that make society better. They offer vocationally relevant courses across healthcare, social sciences and communication, and many unique paths in drama and the creative industries.
There is just one campus, just outside Edinburgh centre which includes a new academic ‘village’ with new buildings, up-to-date technology and an innovative learning resource centre.
QMU is one of Scotland’s smallest universities, meaning smaller class sizes and a more connected atmosphere between students and staff. It’s was ranked for the first time by QS World University Rankings in the top 68% of universities in the world (2021).
* QMU has a 97% employment rate for students graduating from the university
* The Uni has a strong sustainability record, renowned for research on making a positive impact on people’s lives, producing graduates ready and willing to make the world a better place.
* Continuing with the sustainability theme, the new campus received an ‘excellent’ ranking in the Building Research Establishment’s Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM) which is the highest score of any in the UK
* Through the Institute for International Health and Development, students from Angola, Guatemala, Uganda, Ethiopia, Gambia, India and Cuba study relevant health care subjects, making QMU the only university in Scotland specialising in international health care.
* The personal academic tutor buddy system gives every student an assigned, personal tutor to guide, advise and support each student on their unique learning journey and experiences.
Some famous alumni
Ashley Jensen (actor), Matt Baker (TV Presenter), Edith Bowman (TV and Radio presenter), Dougie Anderson (TV and Radio presenter), Kevin McKidd (actor Trainspotting, Small Faces), Jimmy Chisholm (actor Braveheart) Brian Marjoribanks (former professional footballer and presenter of Sportscene), Sally Gray (Tv and Radio presenter).
Applying to Queen Margaret University
QMU offers over 100 courses across undergraduate, postgraduate and continuous professional development and lifelong learning. To find out more about the extensive programme, including how to apply, visit the QMU website>