Across Edinburgh and local regions, find superb award-winning distilleries of whisky and gin, and a fascinating history of beer brewing through the ages through to modern day craft beer excellence.
Discover Scotland and Edinburgh’s brewing heritage through an Edinburgh beer tour.
- Scotbeer is your destination for knowledgeable tours of all the Craft beer of the city with samplings and insider tips. A variety of tours are available, delivered with a real passion and tailored to client beer tastes where possible.
Gin is integral to Edinburgh History and this heritage is unfolded in its distilleries around the city where the whole distilling process is showcased alongside fantastic tastings and tutoring experiences.
- Lind and Lime Discover all about this unique London dry landmark gin in the heart of Leith, the historic distilling district of the city. Bottling and cocktail making are also part of the tour experience.
- Edinburgh Gin The new Edinburgh Gin Visitor Centre opens at The Arches Distillery in Edinburgh’s Old Town in summer 2024 and will offer tours and experiences.
- Old Poison Tours, tastings, and tales of this craft gin in this small speakeasy gin and rum distillery.
- Holyrood Distillery Why not visit Edinburgh’s newest distillery in 100 years close to the Royal Mile and offering both gin and whisky tours in relaxed and informal surroundings? Tours accommodate up to 22 guests.
- Summerhall & Pickerings Gin The Gin Jolly, Cocktail and Cheese Tour and the Peacocktail Tour are the fun experiences on offer for clients at this historic cultural venue in the Southside.
As well as the famous Scotch Whisky Experience, where clients are taken on a whisky grand tour of all 5 Scottish regions and Johnnie Walker Edinburgh with its full immersive and entertaining story telling there are key distilleries to discover.
Port of Leith Distillery. The UK’s first vertical distillery opens in Leith in October 2023. Tours will last 90 minutes and include a tour of the distillery and the chance to fill a miniature bottle of new make spirit.
Holyrood Distillery Why not visit Edinburgh’s newest distillery in 100 years close to the Royal Mile? It offers both gin and whisky tours in relaxed and informal surroundings. Tours accommodate up to 22 guests.
Outside the city
Continue the distilleries and brewery theme outside the city. In Midlothian, on the city perimeter there is Stewart Brewing Craft Brewery and the Secret Garden Distillery with its discovery experiences. Locally in East Lothian with Glenkinchie Distillery for whisky and the oldest beer brewery in Scotland, Belhaven Brewery in Dunbar. Linger longer in East Lothian for award winning NB Gin Distillery tour in a beautiful countryside setting. In Linlithgow, West Lothian there’s Linlithgow Distillery for tours or a gin cruise on Linlithgow Canal. (All offer tours).