Edinburgh has fantastic immersive food and drink experiences to add to itineraries and packages. They are brought to you by knowledgeable operators, enthusiastic about the topic. Explore ways to add in one of these experiences.
- Coco Chocolatier The art of chocolate making at this Edinburgh born enterprise, where the ethical sourcing of chocolate is paramount. Unique COCO chocolate experiences are available. Learn how to temper chocolate on marble and make fruit filled chocolate. Many other exquisite skills to learn. Located in South Queensferry, just outside the city. Combine with a boat tour in the Firth of Forth or a visit to the stately Hopetoun House.
- the Chocolatarium Clients can enjoy award winning experiences at this chocolate factory. Options for travel trade include the tour of chocolate, truffle making masterclasses. chocolate and wine pairing or chocolate and whisky pairing. Located just off the Royal Mile.
- Edinburgh Newtown Cookery School Clients can enjoy talks about Scottish food history, cookery demonstrations and take short bitesize courses like the shortbread masterclass or Scone making. (half day courses or shorter on request). Bespoke experiences are also available, with the experienced teaching team.
- Scotch Whisky Experience Located beside Edinburgh Castle this 5-star whisky visitor attraction takes clients on a tour of all the regions of Scottish whisky. Book here for tutored tastings, whisky pairings, or a variety of tours for different client budgets as well as private dining options.
- Johnnie Walker Princes St Welcomes clients on a full sensory journey of whisky discovery at this state-of-the-art attraction in Edinburgh’s west end. Explore the story of Johnnie Walker and Scottish whisky heritage and through live performance, light shows, tastings and more. All experiences are pre-bookable.
- Scotch Malt Whisky Society Unconventional whisky experts seek out whisky in its purest form. And bring exclusive access to visitors for tutored whisky tastings, private dining, and receptions. The members’ lounge at Queen Street boasts over 450 rare malts and the historic Vaults in Leith dating back to the 12th century and is famous for cask strength whisky. Here are unique opportunities for exclusive programmes.
Walking Tours with Tastings
Learn from the best, on a walking tour where experts share their stories of Scottish food and drink, and their insider tips on where to go and how to enjoy Edinburgh’s great culinary scene. Ideal for FIT and groups.
- Eat Walk Edinburgh offers clients a choice of food and drink walking and tasting tours of Edinburgh, with related history and stories of Edinburgh’s food and drink through the ages. Tours last 3.5 hours long with walking between venues. Accessible routes and bespoke tours are possible.
- Mercat Tours Offer great history and walking tours including the Tour with Whisky Tasting. Discover the history of the old town and its connection to the “water of life” whisky, with their expert guidance! Private tours are available.
- Edinburgh Literary Pub Tour Offer a humorous way to discover more about Edinburgh’s Literary heroes and introduces the lesser known but colourful literary characters from Edinburgh’s past. Integral to the experience for any writer of the times and the visitors today is the Edinburgh pub. Private tours from 10 to 50 pax.
- Edinburgh Food Safaris Discover the city and its diverse neighbourhoods with these locally guided tours to bars, restaurants, or shops. Options include Stockbridge Market and Leith waterfront with its seafood, sea views and stories. Cookery classes and bespoke bookings available for travel trade.
- Scotbeer Your customers can explore the city, enjoy the delicious beer, and learn about Edinburgh’s brewing heritage, through a range of different tours. All tours are personalised and tailored. Most tours are for small groups but larger groups on request.
- Once Upon A Whisky Is an award-winning walking operator, taking your clients on an adventure around the New Town whisky bars with a luxury tour option too. Clients can enjoy prestigious bar visits and quirky stories along the way.
Looking for something for a group or private party, looking for that flavour of Scotland experience?
Distilleries and Breweries
Across Edinburgh and region, find superb award-winning distilleries of whisky and gin