Tours with local experts are often the best way to discover Edinburgh’s neighbourhoods. All the walking operators in our hit list offer a variety of history and heritage tours. Here, we highlight just some of their specialisms. Contact them further for their welcome and range of regular and bespoke private options.
Witches and Dark History
- Auld Reekie Tours – Fascinating stories of Scottish culture, heritage and paranormal activity. Tours available soon in Chinese.
- Mercat Tours – Award winning storytelling since 1985. Extensive scheduled programme daily including exclusive access to Blair St Underground Vaults. Of note the Evening of Ghosts and Ghouls and new Witches:Trial and Truth tour.
- The Cadies & Witchery Tours – Light-hearted tours led by Alexander Clapperton (deceased) exploring the city’s dark secrets and haunted closes.
- Mountebank Tours – The Mountebank “comedy walk” and hysterical and historical stand-up comedian tours.
Food and Drink
- Eat Walk Edinburgh – Foodie tours of the city are this operator’s specialism. Tours available in languages.
- Edinburgh Food Safaris – offer 2 unique off the beaten track guided food historical tours plus a tour in Leith, Edinburgh’s historic port.
- Once Upon A Whisky – take your clients on an adventure around the New Town whisky bars with a luxury tour option too.
- ScotBeer Tours – Learn about Edinburgh’s brewing heritage, through a range of different tours. Bespoke options available.
- Edinburgh Literary pub Tour – Discover more about Edinburgh’s Literary heroes with related visits to some lovely local pubs included.
- Cobbles Architectural Tours – Private architectural walking tours led by architecture graduates. Mandarin, French, Russian and Lithuanian upon request. Maximum booking up to 40 guests.
- Tours et Detours d’Edimbourg – Walking Tours of Edinburgh in French for FIT
- Viajar por Escocia – Tours of Edinburgh and Scotland in Spanish
- Yaldi Tours – Specialise in large group nightlife tours, pub crawls and period dressed walking tours.
Independent Local Tour Guides
All the operators here offer local expertise and opportunities to tailor to your client interests within the city from the historic old and new town to wider tales of the people, the buildings, and the landscape.
Chauffeur drive options
With a mix of private airport transfers, and chauffeur drive bespoke tours, consult with these operators for trade rates, their services and itinerary planning for Edinburgh and the surrounding areas.
- Devere Chauffeur Drive and private tours
- Edinburgh Cab Tours
- Golf Concierge Scotland
- Littles Chauffeur Drive
- Chauffeur Scotland
- Selectours Scotland
- 7 Hill Tours
Classic Edinburgh itinerary
Plan a 2 day Classic Edinburgh Itinerary, featuring some of the city's iconic landmarks and attractions.
Edinburgh Culture and Discovery itinerary
Plan a 2 day programme of discovery, featuring Edinburgh's rich culture and history.
Ultimate Edinburgh Experience (5-day tour)
Create the Ultimate Edinburgh package for your clients. Extend their stay so they can enjoy the city slowly and thoroughly.
Choose a full sequence of luxury experiences in Edinburgh.
Hidden Edinburgh (1 to 2 days)
Bookable experiences for clients looking for something a bit different, for discerning visitors with adventurous hearts.