Choose a full sequence of luxury experiences in Edinburgh for your clients or top and tail regular tours with unique elements to create a winning programme. Edinburgh can offer bespoke, creative, and authentic experiences. Ideas abound in our two-day programme with options to explore beyond the city centre.
Planning a luxury, VIP itinerary means accommodation for success may include landmark 5-star hotels, some of our top boutique hotels or bed and breakfasts, heritage properties or bespoke designer apartments, the choice in Edinburgh is wide. See all Edinburgh Accommodation. Ideas include Crescent House, (ideal for FIT or small groups); the famous Waldorf Astoria, The city centre Kimpton Charlotte Square or The Old MillHouse exclusive use self catering just outside Edinburgh.
Begin the day with private guided walking tours of the city or a chauffeur drive for both Edinburgh and surrounding area visits. Tours tailored to a group whether a multigenerational party, special interest or occasion can be explored with our local operators.
Consider Edinburgh Cab Tours or 7 Hill Tours or Chauffeur Drive Services by WL Sleigh – Your Scottish Connection or perhaps directly with the accredited Scottish Tourist Guide Association find a guide for your personalised tours. Full list of operators.
Perhaps, explore beyond the city centre to one of Edinburgh’s stylish neighbourhoods with an expert. A highlight can include an exploration of the historic port of Leith, officially Edinburgh’s coolest area, with its diverse shops, cafes and restaurants and Michelin star restaurants alongside award winning attractions, The Royal Yacht Britannia, Lind and Lime Gin and the NEW Port of Leith Distillery. Travel by tram easily or with your organised transport.
Begin or end the day with an exclusive experience like a Private guided visits out with normal opening hours at The Palace of Holyroodhouse, at Edinburgh Castle or The National Gallery at the bottom of the Mound, where catering can be booked alongside private views of exhibitions (pre and post opening).
Start the day with a morning half day shortbread making masterclass at the Edinburgh Newtown Cookery School. Learn from professional chefs about Scottish food and cooking alongside the baking tuition.
Edinburgh offers quality cuisine from Scotland and from across the world with fine dining, as well as places loved by locals for the culinary flair and atmosphere. Let your clients experience the locals’ loved places for lunch.
Casual dining lunches in amazing places can add to the bespoke experience. The Lookout on Calton Hill or The Talbooth Tavern on the Royal Mile or The Cafe Royale, an Edinburgh institution or Bonnie & Wild with its new Scottish food marketplace or perhaps A Play, A Pie and A Pint at The Traverse Theatre.
Visit the historic 15th century Rosslyn Chapel, just seven miles south of Edinburgh in Roslin, Midlothian. Private tours can be arranged for tours to explore the inside and exteriour of the magical chapel, famous for its role in the Da Vinci Code film OR for city centre, visit The Georgian House, a 17th century New Town house, at the forefront of the city’s elite wealth and grand living. Private experiences include ‘The Georgian Tea Ceremony’, which looks at how the ladies of Edinburgh’s elite entertained their guests and tea blending or a candlelit tour of the house, from the angle of the household staff getting the house ready for the evening 200 years ago.
End the stay with award-winning dining exclusives. Depending on numbers and budget, private spaces can be booked.
- Amber Restaurant and whisky bar inside the Scotch Whisky Experience.
- Cannonball By Edinburgh Castle, with fantastic views and tasting menus as well as private dining.
- Rhubarb at Prestonfield House Fine dining and gourmet experiences in this historic mansion house on the edge of the city.
- Harvey Nichols Forth floor restaurant and bar with spectacular views, also available for private hire.
- Number one (inside the Balmoral Hotel) 4-star AA rosette dining experience
The Michelin star restaurants of 2023 are Timberyard, Heron, The Kitchin, Martin Wishart and Condita, also for consideration.
You may be looking for private room hire in heritage buildings and with catering specialists The Scotsman Cinema or The Dovecot Studios or Riddles Court or The Signet Library and for many more prestigious proposals.
Discover more food and drink options here.
Add on: treasured experiences for luxury Edinburgh life
Here are 11 of our best suggestions for customised tours. Contact any individual Edinburgh business for their premium proposals.
- Exclusive private events at the prestigious Scotch Whisky Experience .”Tasting Tales” is a full tutored whisky tasting and food pairing experience. Dine in “The Collection” among the whisky, or organised expert whisky tuition at your venue. Bronze, silver, and gold options available.
- Personalised walking tours of the city with Mercat Tours, offering skip the line entries at key sites.
- Make your own designer satchel, with Harris Tweed under the tutelage of Islander Bags, in their studio in the old town.
- Lind and Lime Gin Distillery. With a tour, a tasting, a bottle filling, and cocktail making, discover the story behind this gin in their Leith warehouse home. Private to your group.
- Design your own tartan with an expert or be looked after on a private shopping experience with Scotland Shop in the heart of Edinburgh.
- A traditional afternoon tea at the award-winning Scottish Gallery and Contini Restaurant at the National Gallery. Add on private art tours.
- Ceilidh House Experiences at the Scottish Storytelling Centre. (music, song and food in the ancient ceilidh tradition) Private bookings for groups.
- Artisan Chocolate in Scotland with Coco Chocolatier At the chocolate school in South Queensferry small groups are welcomed to learn the art of chocolate making and at The Chocolatarium explore chocolate and wine pairing plus truffle making masterclasses.
- 5-star deluxe accommodation on the ship, Fingal also offers special occasion meals, fine dining plus luxury afternoon teas and cocktails for day visits.
- Hamilton and Inches is Edinburgh’s luxury jewellery house, with a workshop and prestigious show room in the heart of the city for private visits and tours.
- Bonnie and Wild In St James Quarter there is great scope with a well-appointed dining room, a show kitchen, and private bars with facilities for Scottish cookery and chef demonstrations, mixologists and cocktail making. Explore directly specific requirements.
(Trade rates may not be available for all experiences)
Classic Edinburgh itinerary
Plan a 2 day Classic Edinburgh Itinerary, featuring some of the city's iconic landmarks and attractions.
Edinburgh Culture and Discovery itinerary
Plan a 2 day programme of discovery, featuring Edinburgh's rich culture and history.
Ultimate Edinburgh Experience (5-day itinerary)
Create the Ultimate Edinburgh package for your clients. Extend their stay so they can enjoy the city slowly and thoroughly.
Hidden Edinburgh (1 to 2 days)
Bookable experiences for clients looking for something a bit different, for discerning visitors with adventurous hearts.
Guided Tours of the City
Our A – Z of operators offering walking experiences of Edinburgh.