Bookable experiences for clients looking for something a bit different, for discerning visitors with adventurous hearts. We expose our hidden collection to share and inspire for a two-day programme with extra add on ideas.
Discover the neighbourhoods of Edinburgh like the beachside Portobello or the historical port of Leith with self-guided tours or with the expert local walking operators. There is no better way to find out stories, history, intrigues and secret places.
On day one choose from the selection of attractions off the beaten path and add some intrigue with one of the original ghost and underground tours of Edinburgh, to delve into Edinburgh’s hidden past.
On day two, explore Canal side Edinburgh and offer a boat trip on the Union Canal with Re-union Canal Boats with 1 hour up to full day private cruises available on the Lochrin Belle or propose the Edinburgh World Heritage Trails at leisure, or with an appointed guide or self-guided, with highlights like The Paolozzi at large or The Graveyard Trail.
For attractions off the beaten path
- Craigmiller Castle A historic ruined Castle, in the care of Historic Environment Scotland (HES) on the outskirts of the city famously frequented by Mary Queen of Scots as a haven in the 1500s. Climb the Tower House, explore the nooks and crannies and admire the city views.
- The Writers Museum Edinburgh is steeped in literary connections and find out here about key players like Robert Burns, Sir Walter Scott and Robert Louis Stevenson.
- The Union Canal clients can take a boat trip or a walk along the canal from the city centre. It is just a different angle to explore in Edinburgh with varying views and opportunities for a drink in a pub, like The Bridge Inn at Ratho.
- St Giles Cathedral. In the heart of the city, add a guided tour, to find out the history and life of this cathedral central to Edinburgh and royal life through the ages.
For Edinburgh’s hidden secrets and dark past
- The Cadies & Witchery Tours . Edinburgh’s original ghost tours, led by the deceased Alexander Clapperton and his spooky friends. Tours at set times are ideal for FITS to join and private experiences are bookable.
- Mercat Tours History and ghost tours of the city with multiple options to explore for all interests. Tours at set times are ideal for FITS to join and private experiences are bookable.
- Real Mary King’s Close Step back in time below ground and discover Edinburgh’s hidden underground life in the city’s medieval old town. Award winning experience, open daily till late. Ideal for small groups.
Other walking tours for in depth Edinburgh
- Invisible Cities unique Edinburgh walking tours with locals. A social enterprise supporting homelessness and a tour concept employed in cities across the UK.
- 7 Hill Tours for a range of depth history tours including the art deco or medical trail of the city or Mountebank Tours comedy walking tours.
For food and drink experiences
- Scotbeer Tours offer walking tours filled with with history and pub stops, as well as a visit to their unique Leith Tap Room Trail in the popular Edinburgh harbour and port area.
- EatWalk Edinburgh for insider places to eat in the old and new town, for guided walks and for an insight into the history of Edinburgh’s food and drink.
- The Haggis Box – Dedicated to food provenance and quality The Haggis Box is located in the Scottish Storytelling Centre serving the famous Scottish dish and delighting the visitors on a regular basis.
Discover more of Edinburgh’s culinary delights in our Hidden Gem Food and Drink Guide.
Add on specials you may not have heard about
- The Knight’s Vault Experts in ancient weaponry and clans in this Royal Mile shop. The team are ready to share their experiences and knowledge though workshops and talks about the Scottish clans.
- Ceilidh House Experiences at the Scottish Storytelling Centre. (music, song, fun and Scottish food in the ancient ceilidh tradition). A private experience available for groups.
- Discover the city by bike Edinburgh Bike Tours or electric bike with EZ Bikes. Both offer tours to discover highlights in the city centre but also out of the city to quieter places, South Queensferry and the Bridges. Explore with the experts.
- Music gigs across the city there are music gigs on regularly in pubs, city venues and theatres.
- Views – It is always good to know where to get a good vista across the city. Here are two for booking clients a table Johnnie Walker Edinburgh 1820 bar and The Nor Loft in the Market Street hotel, beside Waverley Station.
Classic Edinburgh itinerary
Plan a 2 day Classic Edinburgh Itinerary, featuring some of the city's iconic landmarks and attractions.
Edinburgh culture and discovery itinerary
Plan a 2 day programme of discovery, featuring Edinburgh's rich culture and history.
Ultimate Edinburgh Experience (5-day tour)
Create the Ultimate Edinburgh package for your clients. Extend their stay so they can enjoy the city slowly and thoroughly.
Choose a full sequence of luxury experiences in Edinburgh.
Guided Tours of the City
Our A – Z of operators offering walking experiences of Edinburgh.